Re: What privilege needs to be granted?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 05:31:28 GMT

Ping wrote:

> Sorry, some modification to the problem description: the T1 in fact is
> a view and T1's base tables are all owned by sys. The T1 is
> successfully compiled in U1's schema.
>
> U2 has 'create procedure' privilege granted in addition to some other
> privileges.
>
> I also have U1 granted select specifically to U2, still got same error
> message as below when compiled:
>
> PL/SQL: Declaration ignored
> PLS-00904: insufficient privilege to access object U1.T1
>
> Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

I'm still wondering whether U2 can do a plain and simple 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM U1.T1' and 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM S1' in SQL*Plus.

I wouldn't even worry about the PL/SQL part of it until the basic access for the SELECT is set up properly.

/Hans Received on Fri Jan 02 2004 - 06:31:28 CET

Original text of this message