Re: What privilege needs to be granted?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:09:05 GMT

Ping wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Have a wonderful new year!
>
> I have oracle 9.2 on XP.
>
> There is a table T1 created by user U1 in U1's schema,
> a synonym S1 created also by U1 to point to T1 in U1's schema,
> U1 granted S1 to public for select.
>
> Procedure P2 created by user U2 in U2's schema,
> in P2, the S1 is referenced for select in a cursor.
>
> Problem and question:
> when P2 is compiled, got an error message saying that not sufficient
> privilege. I tried a set of privileges which worked on oracle 8.1.6,
> but not
> on oracle 9.2 I memtioned above.
>
> What is the privilege needed to be granted or something else needs to
> be done other than just granting privileges?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ping

What other tests have you performed? Can U2 select data from S1? How about from U1.T1?

Please post the exact message, especially the error number.

First thought is that perhaps U2 does not have capability to compile. However, insufficient info provided to verify.

/Pong Received on Thu Jan 01 2004 - 20:09:05 CET

Original text of this message