Strategy and simple Listener Problem Xplained once more..

From: Cherrish Vaidiyan <unbreakablematrix_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Dec 2003 20:12:48 -0800

sir,

I have a small error in Listener configuration.I have two system with a database in each. I am using Red Hat 9 and Oracle 9i. so i shall anme the database and system.

system 1 - node2                         system 2 - node3
database - apple                         database - intel

i have installed Oracle on 'node3' by copying the files and then creating a new database in it. Now i want to configure listener. I want to have the control of 'intel' database on 'node2' and 'apple' database on 'node3'.

Since each oracle user have database, a basic listener for local database is already configured. Now my query is about some clarifications abt Listener Configuration.

  1. I took netmgr on 'node2' and added 'intel' in the service name then onto the same basic listener.i have given default 1521 as port for both databse but differrent hostname. now when i give

[oracle_at_node2 oracle]$ lsnrctl start Listener

'apple' database is started while i get the following error for intel.

  TNS-12560 TNS : Protocol adapter error     TNS-00530 TNS : Protocol adapter error      Linux - 113 - No route to host

Wats the problem?? Did i do anything wrong ? I even tried the whole procedure vice versa on 'node3'. At that time 'apple' database got the above error. pls a guidance needed..

2) Now i changed my strategy after getting the above errors. i thought of giving each database a listener. so 'node2' and 'node3' have 2 listeners - 1 for local database and 1 for the other. In this case i had to give different ports for each Listener. I was successfully able to start the local database listener but unfortunately i am getting above error w.r.t other system's database. Can u help me wat is the cause of error ?

3) if u couldnt get my problems, can u guide me in configuring Listener so that i can access both database from either system..?

pls reply me URGENTLY.... Thanx in advance

regards,
Cherrish Vaidiyan Received on Fri Dec 26 2003 - 05:12:48 CET

Original text of this message