Re: A simple Listener problem while installing Oracle by copying Ora Home

From: Cherrish Vaidiyan <unbreakablematrix_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Dec 2003 19:47:27 -0800

Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_nescape.net> wrote in message news:<bscm3m$os2$1_at_news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> Cherrish Vaidiyan wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > A warm Xmas greetings to all. I have a small problem with starting up
> > the database. Here my strategy.
> >
> > I have installed Oracle 9i R 2 on Red Hat 9. i created two database on
> > this system. And the two datasbe is working perfectly. Now i needed
> > another RH9 system to work on Oracle 9i. So I was guided to copy the
> > oracle home folder and that the oracle will be up for work. I even got
> > such a response from Google Group. I copied the files and i was able
> > to take netmgr,dbca etc. But i couldnt use the database..due to
> > Listener problem. when ever i give..
> >
> > [oracle_at_node2 oracle]$ lsnrctl start Listener
> > TNS-12560 TNS : Protocol adapter error
> > TNS-00530 TNS : Protocol adapter error
> > Linux - 113 - No route to host
> >
> > Sometime i get error 'Linux-111' error. Can anyone experienced such a
> > problem ? Can you help me how to overcome it ?
> > i serached in the net and i got ideas to check the hostname in
> > listener.ora and tnsnames.ora. I verfied and it is correct. Another
> > suggestion from some oracle based website is that to check PATH and
> > ORACLE_SID etc.I have even gone through it. All are correct. Any other
> > ideas/suggection pls ...
> >
> > regards,
> > Cherrish Vaidiyan
>
> You _did_ alter the files before attempting this, did'nt you?

SIR,
I HAVE VERIFIED LISTENER.ORA AND TNSNAMES.ORA BEFORE I STARTED THE LISTENER..THE DETAILS IS CORRECT.I COULD ALSO SEE THE DETAILS WHEN I GIVE :
lsnrctl start listener
STILL I GET THE ERROR. CAN U HELP ME WAT ELSE I COULD DO... REGARDS,
CHERRISH VAIDIYAN Received on Fri Dec 26 2003 - 04:47:27 CET

Original text of this message