Re: Oracle 9i problem

From: Cherrish Vaidiyan <unbreakablematrix_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2003 21:44:02 -0800

> > Since we have upgraded to oracle 9i every day or so we have to go in
> > and shutdown oracle and restart it, here is what we do:
> >
> > sqlplus /nolog
> > connect sys as sysdba
> > password:
> > connected to an idle instance
> > shutdown
> > ORA-01034 Oracle not available
> > ORA-27101 Shared memory realm does not exist
> > startup
> >
> > Then it starts up and works fine for another day or so.
> >
> > This is running on a Windows 2000 machine with 512mb ram, 2 1.8GHz
> > processors.
> >
> > Any ideas?

HELLO,
I AM JUST AMAZED TO SEE THAT U LOGIN TO ORACLE USING SYS AS SYSDBA.THEN U GIVE SHUTDOWN COMMAND. Y?? IF IT IS CONNECTED TO IDLE INSTANCE THEN DO GIVE 'STARTUP' COMMAND.aLSO SEE IT TO IT THAT UR LISTENER IS ALSO STARTED. IT MAYBE COZ UR ORACLE DATABASE SERVICE IS NOT GIVEN AUTOMATICALLY IN THE aDMINISTATION TOOL>SERVICES.

REGARDS,
CHERRISH VAIDIYAN Received on Sat Dec 13 2003 - 06:44:02 CET

Original text of this message