Re: Oracle 9i problem

From: Wizardo <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:58:01 GMT

NTidd_at_douglas-associates.com (NTidd) wrote in news:db1f3a11.0312040825.3861332b_at_posting.google.com:

> Since we have upgraded to oracle 9i every day or so we have to go in
> and shutdown oracle and restart it, here is what we do:
>
> sqlplus /nolog
> connect sys as sysdba
> password:
> connected to an idle instance
> shutdown
> ORA-01034 Oracle not available
> ORA-27101 Shared memory realm does not exist
> startup
>
> Then it starts up and works fine for another day or so.
>
> This is running on a Windows 2000 machine with 512mb ram, 2 1.8GHz
> processors.
>
> Any ideas?

What are the last 20-30 lines of the alrtSID.log file? This will give you a clue if the DB is falling over because of itself or because of an outside influence. If the log file just stops, that is to say that everything's normal until it breaks, then there in an outside process killing the DB. If the log file reports errors, like ORA-00600 or ORA-07745, then you need to research those errors and see why Oracle is falling over.

Good Luck,
Mike Received on Fri Dec 12 2003 - 04:58:01 CET

Original text of this message