Solaris expert needs to break into as entry-level Oracle dba

From: cyber-arkitect <zak_k2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2003 05:49:46 -0800

Hello all:

I am a Solaris Unix Administrator with 6+ yrs. of experience in major companies who also has experience with AIX. Since I am good at Unix I would like to move into Oracle world, preferrably as an entry-level DBA. I have started preparing for the first OCA exams but am looking for an entry-level Oracle job. (even if it is an intern its fine for now).
How do I break into Oracle world? Although I have Unix certifications, an engineering bachelors, some shell scripting etc, I find that nobody is willing to let me in. I just need to get my foot in the door. Please advise. Received on Thu Dec 11 2003 - 14:49:46 CET

Original text of this message