Re: automatic shutdown/startup

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2003 16:13:08 -0800

lynn344_at_cox.net (Lynn) wrote in message news:<cd7c2c1.0311190836.5333621d_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thanks for your suggestions. I have set the ora_nls33 environment
> variable and verified all settings referred to in both Notes mentioned
> below. However, the problem still persists. The problem is that I
> need the databases to shutdown and startup automatically when the
> server is rebooted. Are you saying that this just doesn't work? From
> what I've seen it's supposed to work for 8.1.7, but doesn't appear to
> all the time. I have startup and shutdown scripts that can be ran,
> however, the network admins may need to reboot while I'm not around
> and would prefer to not have to run a script. Any suggestions?

Open a support call with Oracle. They will direct you to metalink notes that describe how to startup and shutdown automatically. Lean on them if the notes are not helpful. Ask about Note: 231495.1 and bug 1638610.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/articleshow?msid=288549