Re: automatic shutdown/startup

From: Lynn <lynn344_at_cox.net>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 08:36:31 -0800

Thanks for your suggestions. I have set the ora_nls33 environment variable and verified all settings referred to in both Notes mentioned below. However, the problem still persists. The problem is that I need the databases to shutdown and startup automatically when the server is rebooted. Are you saying that this just doesn't work? From what I've seen it's supposed to work for 8.1.7, but doesn't appear to all the time. I have startup and shutdown scripts that can be ran, however, the network admins may need to reboot while I'm not around and would prefer to not have to run a script. Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Lynn