Clone a database to another server using RMAN on Windows 2000

From: Larry <lblair_at_adaptisinc.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2003 11:57:00 -0800

  1. We have a database that is up 24-7.
  2. We do hot backups everynight using RMAN.
  3. We need to create clones on other servers for development and test.
  4. The hard drive architecture is different.

What I have done
1. Modified the TNSNames and database services to have a login user and password other than Windows system user. This user is a Domain user with admin rights.
2. I created shares on the servers for the service owner both where the hot backup is and where I want to create the new clone database. 3. In the rman script I have put SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE .... for each datafile that is moving to a new location on the remote server. 3.5 I have started the clone database in nomount mode and have a valid subdirectory structure in place.
4. I start the RMAN script and get a lot of messages and then get the following.
Itappears that it can see the remote subdirectories to restore the datafiles but it can't see the local subdirectory where rman's hot backup files are.

Has anyone done a successful clone of a database to another server with Rman. What am I not seeing or setting up corrrect?

Thank
Larry

channel ch2: starting datafile backupset restore channel ch2: specifying datafile(s) to restore from backup set restoring datafile 00003 to
\\STA01DB\E$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\USERS01.DBF
restoring datafile 00012 to
\\STA01DB\G$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\CMIFML12.DBF
restoring datafile 00029 to
\\STA01DB\G$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\CMIFML07.DBF
channel ch1: starting datafile backupset restore channel ch1: specifying datafile(s) to restore from backup set restoring datafile 00001 to
\\STA01DB\E$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\SYSTEM01.DBF
restoring datafile 00004 to
\\STA01DB\F$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\CMDFSL01.DBF
restoring datafile 00059 to
\\STA01DB\E$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\RBS06.ORA
released channel: ch1
released channel: ch2

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS

RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 01/16/2003 13:56:51 RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script ORA-19505: failed to identify file
"F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\MI9I21FED1PAP_1_1"
ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.

Recovery Manager complete. Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 20:57:00 CET

Original text of this message