Re: Intel vs Sparc

From: NorwoodThree <norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2003 10:41:56 -0800

This is just my own speculation, but regardless of what Sun says, I have found the latest Intel chips to be faster then their Sparc counterparts.

However, Intel seems to have issues when more than 2 chips are implemented. So, I would say that if you need 8 chips or even six go w/ Sparc.

Another thing to consider, is that Solaris is the premeire platform for Oracle. Oracle develops, tests, and releases on Solaris first.

There are way too many factors to consider, but I'd say that going with Solaris on a V880 definately would be a good way to go and reduce risk.

just my .02 Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 19:41:56 CET

Original text of this message