Re: Oracle on NT backup via ArcServe

From: gOD <loadofcr_ap_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2003 01:03:56 -0800

postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl (Sybrand Bakker) wrote in message news:<a20d28ee.0301210026.560d2fb0_at_posting.google.com>...
> loadofcr_ap_at_yahoo.com (gOD) wrote in message news:<f9cb0ef5.0301200825.4cc35d36@posting.google.com>...
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are having an error message during the Oracle backup:
> >
> > Backup Error 220
> > Cannot find Oracle dll
> >

> > Could this be because we have a missing service? On the NT server, we have:
> >
> > Backup Agent RPC service
> > Client Agent for Arcserve
> >
> > No specific Oracle service though. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be one?
> >
> > Cheers
>
> To use Arcserve, you need Arcserve itself, a special Arcserve oracle
> agent, and of course the Oracle database service runnning.
> The above error is not an Oracle error and you should refer to the
> website of Computer Associates to find out what it means exactly.
> From here it looks like you don't have the Oracle agent and/or you
> might not be running the backup process on the database server.
>
> Regards
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks, the database is definitely running because it is live! I think I have two problems:

ArcServe

We are running ArcServe 2000 (latest service packs) on a W2K server. We have an NT4 box running the ArcServe Client Agent with the Oracle agent installed. When I try and view the database through the Arcserve Manager, I drill down through agents to teh the server, click on the database, and get an error:

Oracle -- (209) "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist".

Not sure what the problem is here. The database definitely works because we have people using it. What table or view is it looking for, and why can't it find it?

Oracle

Also, the documentation says to check if ARCHIVELOG is enabled. It says to run SQLPlus and type ARCHIVE LOG LIST. When I do this, I get an error about the command not being valid?

Can anyone tell me the REAL command to check this? It is Oracle 817.

If you could advise on at least the oracle side I would be greatful!

Cheers Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 10:03:56 CET

Original text of this message