Re: removing trigger/sequence from

From: Sagi <sag1rk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 05:52:34 -0700

jriker1_at_yahoo.com (John) wrote in message news:<e6bb5a8d.0210170718.29fefa7e_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have a trigger on a table that uses a sequence to insert a unique
> number into a field. I want to remove this trigger from the database,
> but still use the sequence for a stored procedure. How do you remove
> the trigger from the table and keep the sequence intact? Thanks.
>
> JR

Your Trigger is not dependent on the sequnce. It you who are using the sequence in the trigger. ok.

So now if you dont want to have the trigger then remove it with the below command:

DROP TRIGGER <Ur_Trigger_Name> ;

Still your sequence exists. If you want to check then issue the below command:

SELECT <Ur_Sequence_Name>.NEXTVAL
FROM dual ;

It would show the value. Now you it in the procedure as you were doing earlier in Trigger.

Regards,
Sagi Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 14:52:34 CEST

Original text of this message