Re: Informix limitations, should we be using Oracle?

From: Salsa Shark <s_at_lsashark.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:53:18 GMT

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:30:21 GMT, Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>Excuse me! Exactly where did you get the idea that NO ONE is implementing
>Oracle 9i's RAC?
>
>Perhaps Boeing, AT&T, and Washington Mutual Bank are companies too small for
>you to notice. I am aware of more than one dozen companies, just in the
>Seattle area, using it.

References? URLs? How big are these systems (data, nodes, user load)? There's a difference between SELLING RAC and truly using it. Oracle's practically giving that piece away now...

I noticed recent PR from Oracle touting a RAC install (at NAV, I think)...then you look at the details and see it's only a 75GB database supporting 20 users. C'mon...that doesn't even make IDS or UDB EE even breathe hard...hell, it isn't like Oracle 8i or 9i can't handle that smoothly either. That was just lame, particularly from Oracle's marketing machine...can't polish that turd even if yer Ellison or Gates. Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 15:53:18 CEST

Original text of this message