Re: A SYSTEM TableSpace Fragmentation

From: Sagi <sag1rk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 06:09:14 -0700

shkolnikolay_at_yahoo.com (Nick69) wrote in message news:<d0d26c85.0210170908.7dbb1b7b_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi, Everyone.
>
> Here is a quiestion for you.
> Recently I've notice a few system tables which are highly fragmented.
> A one of with has more that 700 extents (initial extent 16K). So the
> question becomes whether we should take care about a fragmentation in
> a SYSTEM tablespace? If so, how to get rid of that.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Nick.

Hi,

If I am not wrong then the PCTINCREASE of SYSTEM tablespace is 50. Therefore SMON automatically COALESCEs the free space.

Now coming to your objects that are 700 extents, its not a problem at all. Having objects with more extents is not a performance issue at all..

Regards,
Sagi Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 15:09:14 CEST

Original text of this message