Re: Automatic db shtudown on Linux

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 07:30:19 -0700

"Mark" <mark_at_somewhere.com> wrote in message news:<3daf37b1_4_at_corp.newsgroups.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem getting Oracle to shutdown automatically on my RedHat
> 8.0 installation. I have dbora in /etc/init.d. This script calls dbstart
> and dbshut depending on start or stop usage. If I manually run dbora stop,
> the database shuts down. So, I know that the script works. I created a
> link in /etc/rc0.d, K10dbora, which points to /etc/init.d/dbora. My
> understanding is that this should cause the db to shutdown when the computer
> is shut down. Unfortunately it doesn't work. BTW - the db starts
> automatically(as it should)on boot up. Now, K10 is not unique. Does it
> need to be? I didn't think that it had to be, but I could be wrong. Any
> insight on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Mark

> -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Mark,

Did you run it manaully from root or from Oracle? It will be run from root on startup so you must full path any calls adn make sure you use su - to Oracle.

I have some examples in a white paper at www.robonerd.com in the download discussion area under the free stuff group.

Mike Ault
www.robonerd.com

Mike Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 16:30:19 CEST

Original text of this message