Re: OCP Question - Help please!!

From: djuly <djuly_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: 31 Dec 2001 07:11:20 -0500

Eric Dickover wrote:
> hello all, here is the deal. My company is moving very strongly in the
> ORACLE direction. I want to position myself a little better for what is
> to come. I am considering going after ORACLE certification but there is
> really no 'convenient' place for me to take in class training. My
> question is this....How difficult would it be for me to 'self study' my
> way through these exams? I have been in a COBOL shop for the last 12
> years so I have a good systems knowledge.
> Let me know what you think!
> Thanks!

The best way to pass is to get the hand of the ORACLE DBA workshops books from somebody to who has done it. In addition get a book Oracle DBA a secundary literature in order to understand some vague terminlogy in these workshops. I did not attend any oracle training but got hold of the books mentioned above. Furthermore, you can download the exams from the internet but it costs $99. This exams will really help you!!

--
Ir. A.P. Djuly
Gabon Straat 5

Ir. A.P. Djuly