Re: How to install Oracle on a remote machine

From: djuly <djuly_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: 31 Dec 2001 07:11:20 -0500

Vissu wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to install Oracle software on a remote Solaris machine. I have
> telnet access to the system. Assuming I copy all the required software,
> can I install the database using a telnet session ?. How difficult would
> that be ? Do I have to set xterm, xhosts etc ?. If so what should the
> settings be ?
> Can someone help.
> Thanks
> Vissu

You cannot install a database using character su telnet cannot be used. The installation of oracle is done with the Universal Installer GUI which is Java driven. So you need X tools such as reflection or Exeed. You have to set the DISPLAY=<ip number of your client>:0 You have to mount the cd and copy the CD on the filesystem.

--
Ir. A.P. Djuly
Gabon Straat 5

Ir. A.P. Djuly