Re: SQL*Loader conditions

From: Kevin Gao <kgao_at_iname.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2001 00:08:59 -0700

> Several workarounds exists, both of a fundamental nature
> 1 From your conditions it looks like you have concatenated several columns
> in one column.

No, I'm not concat two columns, just want to get rid of the records which meet the condition in either one like I mentioned above in SUBSTR clause.

> 2 You should never ever directly load in the target table. Always use a
> staging table. In this case Sql*loader will get all records, and your sql
> script to copy the data over will deal with the appropiate filtering.

I know...this is what I've been told long time ago by my mentor. For the data size I have, it takes a while though...

The fastest way might be pre-process the source data. Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 09:08:59 CEST

Original text of this message