Re: DBA Oracle Certification (OCP)

From: Mick Rice <mickrice_at_techie.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2001 07:54:55 -0700

> It's a fairly common perception that the OCP certification is a "Bolo
> Badge". That is, it doesn't test the right things, and having an OCP
> certification doesn't mean the person knows anything about Oracle.
> I've known senior Oracle DBA's that didn't pass the DBA exam.

Tripe, utter tripe. It's probably true that this perception exists, but mainly amongst those who havn't bothererd their behinds getting certified and those who think they're too good to get certified. I'm no corporate lackey but I am just sooooooooo tired of hearing that OCP is a crock from guys (and it seems to be almost exclusively guys) who've worked in the same company for the last god knows how long and know all the Oracle they need to do their own job and no more.

Fact:- If your senior DBA failed the OCP programme, he/she doesn't know enough about Oracle, full stop!

Don't shoot the messenger. Received on Fri Aug 03 2001 - 16:54:55 CEST

Original text of this message