Re: DBA Oracle Certification (OCP)

From: LVF <lisalou1_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:42:33 GMT

I am an oracle dba with one year experience. I picked up some study guides and
have passed the last four exams so far without a problem. I honestly believe that these
tests do not help you as a dba one bit. However, I decided to get the cert because
of the perceived value by hiring managers. I take the sql exam next week and with that
I will be certified, will I feel like I know more? No. Will I think that it will help my
marketability? Yes. I think that it is a good thing to get this cert because it will demonstrate
to those around you that you took the initiative to pass these silly exams. I will also tell
any future employers that went the extra step to study and spend your own money to
get this cert.

My two cents.

Lou.