Oracle, NT and norwegian characters

From: RG <ronny.jobb_at_c2i.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 07:44:04 GMT

Hi!

Can anyone help me on this one?
My problem is that when I put norwegian characters (like æ,ø and å) in the Oracle db through my web-site (with ASP), all those special characters are converted to ?'s.
Why is this happening?
When I insert these characters via SQL*PLUS on Solaris the norwegian letters stays norwegian :), but when displayed on the web, they now suddenly changed to f's or some other character. I think this is not a Oracle problem, but more an NT, ODBC or maybe a PersonalWebServer
problem.

My config:
Oracle 8.1.5 running on a Solaris system (Solaris 8). The ODBC driver is "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle ver. 2.573.6526.00" My "web-server" is the MS Personal Web Server running on WinNT WS 4.0 with SP6.

Can anyone out there please help me locate the problem why my norwegian special characters is automaticly converted to ?'s? Any suggestions is welcome.

Regards
Ronny G Received on Wed Jul 04 2001 - 09:44:04 CEST

Original text of this message