Re: Making Oracle client a NAL-object ?

From: Rai Singh <rsingh119_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 21:01:17 GMT

Fredrik,

We use this approach in our enterprise. Through the Application Explorer for Novell you would have to execute the Zen app associated with the application you are trying to install. The way I believe it is done is by making a snapshot of a machine's registry without anything installed except for the OS and required service packs. You would then install the Oracle Client and export the snapshot to be used when creating a Zen object. That object would then be pushed down to desktops based on group permissions. I am not a versed Zen administrator so I have omitted some important details which I'm sure you can discover on your own time such as how to set up the Zen object and how to deploy it. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Rai Singh