Re: Making Oracle client a NAL-object ?

From: Inter <inter_at_o12a.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 17:48:08 GMT

On 18 Jun 2001 02:58:24 -0700, fredrik.ferm_at_kabel.se (Fredrik Ferm) wrote:

>Hello
>
>I am working at a company that uses Novell to distribute applications
>to their users. The problem is that we have to install an Oracle
>client on some client machines. We are using Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise
>Edition and want to distribute the Application User client to some
>machines.
>
>In Novell you can do something called NAL-objects which are
>applications that will be installed on the client-machine when a user
>logs in. Now I wonder if anybody knows if it is possible to make the
>Oracle client a NAL-object, and if it is possible I also wonder how we
>should do it.
>
>Thank you
>/ Fredrik Ferm
>
>ps: If you want to mail me for further questions my address is
>fredrik.ferm_at_kabel.se

Use Snapshot. It's in the ZEN package and is probably installed with it per default. Make sure that there are no registry issues or whatever. It functions just like i.e Intel LANDesk Package Builder, and it makes you a nice AOT file (or, if you have ZEN 3, an exe file if you want). Then just make a NAL object of the finished SnapShot and put it in the NDS somewhere.

  • Inter