Re: 2 instances looking at the same database

From: Drunk3n Mast3r <drunk3n_at_mast3r.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:10:34 GMT

Ya beauty. This is exactly the answer I was looking for. Now that you have spelt it out for me, I realise that perhaps with enough lateral thinking I could have worked this out myself. Sometimes you get too close to the problem and go off on a tangent.

On a final note, is it possible to rename an instance ? Is it as simple as changing the oratab, init{SID}.ora ( and contents ) ?

Thanks again.