Re: How could I specified the memory for Oracle 8i database

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:59:42 GMT

Suggest you get a good book on Oracle Tuning - Oracle Press Tuning Tips & Techniques, for example. The memory allocation is mainly defined by the SGA (and related) and that depends a lot on ypur init.ora parameters,

Yes, there is an algorith to calc that value - BUT it's controlled mainly by init.ora and it's very well explained in that book