Re: Top Databases Used

From: Rudy Fernandes <rferdy_at_americasm01.nt.com>
Date: 2000/04/12

Ivan Santhumayor wrote:

> For scalability (above 20GB) Oracle and UDB are good. Anything smaller,
> Sybase or SQL7 should be fine too.

Informix work wonderfully for all sizes of database - I've personally seen it fly under size conditions of 50 Mb to 1/2 Terabyte.

Working with Informix is a pleasure, especially when one is the DBA supporting it . And while it does not have a "huge" market share, its got almost fanatical support at the User level (we do complain about its Marketing!)

I'm not an expert at Oracle, although I am a certified Oracle DBA, but if I had to choose, I'd take Informix without thinking twice.

Rudy Received on Wed Apr 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message