Re: Top Databases Used

From: TonF <tfa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/14

I could say the same thing for Sybase, but I don't know Informix. I prefer Sybase far over Oracle, specially when it comes to administration.
And, by the way: a serious database STARTS at 20 GB. Sybase even has a special product for databases over appx. 100 GB

In article <38F4D234.D2636A51_at_americasm01.nt.com>,   Rudy Fernandes <rferdy_at_americasm01.nt.com> wrote:
> Ivan Santhumayor wrote:
>
> > For scalability (above 20GB) Oracle and UDB are good. Anything
 smaller,
> > Sybase or SQL7 should be fine too.
>
> Informix work wonderfully for all sizes of database - I've personally
 seen
> it fly under size conditions of 50 Mb to 1/2 Terabyte.
>
> Working with Informix is a pleasure, especially when one is the DBA
> supporting it . And while it does not have a "huge" market share, its
 got
> almost fanatical support at the User level (we do complain about its
> Marketing!)
>
> I'm not an expert at Oracle, although I am a certified Oracle DBA,
 but if I
> had to choose, I'd take Informix without thinking twice.
>
> Rudy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message