Re: Top Databases Used

From: Ivan Santhumayor <ivan.santhumayor_at_gs.com>
Date: 2000/04/12

For scalability (above 20GB) Oracle and UDB are good. Anything smaller, Sybase or SQL7 should be fine too.
Oracle and SQL have huge market shares. So they are currently heavily favored. But one bad year can change all those numbers.

--
Note: These are my own views and not that of Goldman Sachs

Ivan Santhumayor
Firmwide Database Administration
Goldman Sachs & Co