Re: Oracle 8 Shutting Down

From: <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: 1999/03/25

Ferran Foz wrote:

> > If the services exist, you could issue:
>
> Yes, the services already exist, and their "StartUp" in the services
> pannel is Automatic. The first one starts ok, but the second one does
> not automatically start.

What happens when you open the controlpanel, and try to start the second service by pressing the Start button? Does that work, or is an error issued? Check out the Event Log!

> One question: When are the strtXXX.cmd files executed? If the
> service starts the instance, what are those files needed for?

To be able to start the services manually, e.g. via a shortcut on your desktop. Handy when you have Oracle installed, but do not always need it (like me, on my laptop)
<snip>

Rgds, Frank Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message