Re: Oracle 7.3 Timer for Garbarge Collection

From: Alexandre Leite <aleite_at_sysdesign.com.br>
Date: 1999/03/25

You can use the package DBMS_JOB with the your procedure to delete rows of yours tables.

To submit (schedule):

  • Submit a new job with a given job number.
  PROCEDURE submit    ( job       OUT BINARY_INTEGER,
                        what      IN  VARCHAR2,
                        next_date IN  DATE DEFAULT sysdate,
                        interval  IN  VARCHAR2 DEFAULT 'null',
                        no_parse  IN  BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE);

In the parameter "what" you specific the name of your procedure and interval => 'TRUNC(SYSDATE, 'HOUR') + 1'.

In the init.ora you set "job_queue_interval" and "job_queue_processes" parameters.

Regards,
Alexandre Leite.
Oracle Certified Professional

fab_lab_at_hotmail.com escreveu na mensagem <7d2vgs$f9c$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...