Re: Newbie post: password problems in svrmgrl

From: Philip Densmore <pdensmore_at_oklaosf.state.ok.us>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 13:13:08 -0500

The reason it is asking for a password is that the environmental variable ORACLE_SID is not defined for the 'root' user, only the 'oracle' user. Try defining the ORACLE_SID variable for the 'root' user or use the 'set instance' command in svrmgr:

svrmgr> set instance sid_name
svrmgr> connect internal

Hope this works.