Re: User Cloning

From: Dave Macpherson <dave_at_fifthd.ca>
Date: 1997/11/05

On Mon, 03 Nov 1997 15:13:39 -0800, Mahesh Anand <manand_at_usa.net> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
>I need to clone a user to other user how can I do that. I mean clone is
>I want to copy all objects, relations data belongs to one user to be
>copied to other user. does anyone have such kind script or is there any
>facility in oracle to clone user. I am using 7.3.3 on NT

Do a user-level export of the source user, and do a user-level import into the target user. (You'll have to use an account with DBA priviliges to do the import). The relevant import parameters are 'FROMUSER=sourceuser TOUSER=targetuser'. Check out the Oracle utilities manual for an example of this.

Regards,
Dave Macpherson Received on Wed Nov 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message