SDO on NT

From: Jim Platt <jimp_at_objectfx.com>
Date: 1997/10/06

Does anyone in the user community have or care to comment about their experiences/lessons learned creating and/or tuning a database to use the Spatial Data Option in Oracle Server 7.3 for NT? Right now I'm mainly interested in finding out if anyone has information they'd be willing to share about tuning the database for optimum SDO performance rather than the application (that comes later, after the database is structured for something other than more common RDBMS applications).

Environment specifics:

Intel Pentium Pro 200 single processor,
128 MB EDO RAM,
One 4GB SCSI hard drive,
NT Server 4.0 operating system.

I know the usual litany, run on multiple processors, buy more RAM, install multiple drives, chuck it all and move to UNIX (only the third is feasible right now, we're a small development shop).

Jim Platt
Object/FX Corp Received on Mon Oct 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message