Re: Gui SQL Tool

From: John L. Miller <jmiller_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1997/06/25

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.sybase and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <866832692.9789_at_dejanews.com>, vmutha_at_fedex.com says...
> Does anybody know of any Gui SQL Tools for Sybase ?
> Or for any other major database ?
> If so are any of these tools for cross database queries ?
> I would appreciate it if you would reply to my email address.

I enjoy SQL Programmer also; but if you want something for your Unix machine why not just use Sybase's own SQL Server Manager. I use it with Sybase 11.x on an IBM RS/6000 SP running AIX and it works just great. It gives a complete picture of multiple databases on multiple (RS/6000) nodes. It supports most any function a DBA would want for an existing database. Of course our clients are Windows NT and Windows 95 machines; from the x terminal I just use isql.

--
John Miller
jmiller_at_mcs.net