Re: oracle/ms sqlserver replicating

From: Vincent Jansen <V.A.W.G.Jansen_at_gw.amsterdam.nl>
Date: 1997/06/26

> | In article <3394B329.68BCD8B6_at_epsilon.com>, Tim Smith  <tsmith_at_epsilon.com> wrote:
> | >What is the best way to move data back and forth between oracle and
 sql
> | >server?

I'm a newby when it comes to this but i have the same environment in which i have to learn to work with sqls.

I would like to copy *ALL* the data out of our oracle (on unix) server to my SQL (on NT) server. This way I can experience a lot without bothering the production line and/or altering there data. I would be nice if I could do a update afterwards (Oracle -> SQL) on a regular basis, but it is not rquired.

I do have experience on NT and SQL and after playing wih ODBC and Access as intermediate I knew I'd problably had to use BCP.EXE. But how can I export the data out of Oracle. What should I type in/run/create? I'm completl;y blank here. Can anybody help?

Thanks!

mailto:V.A.W.G.Jansen_at_gw.amsterdam.nl Received on Thu Jun 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message