Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: Joerg Bruehe <joerg_at_sql.de>
Date: 1997/04/16

Hello Igor,

is there any reason why you do not look at / ask about 'ADABAS D' (SQL, with switchable modes compatible to ANSI, Oracle, or DB/2) ?

It is available for UNIX (including Sun and RS6k) and NT, has row-level locking (the Sybase drawback) etc.

There is a newsgroup 'comp.databases.adabas' covering it.

If you want more info, mail me.

Regards
Joerg Bruehe

--
Joerg Bruehe, SQL Datenbanksysteme, Berlin (Germany)
    (speaking entirely for himself)