Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: Nick van Gerwen <N.P.C.van.Gerwen_at_inter.nl.net>
Date: 1997/04/16

ichudov_at_algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home) wrote:

>Hello,

>I have been asked to do a comparison of captioned database engines,
>to choose a database server for a medium size database (less than 2GB,
>about 60-100 tables).

>I would appreciate both pointers to professionally done comparisons, as
>well as your personal opinions on performance and reliabiilty of these
>systems.

>There is a special emphasis made on reliability, so your accounts of
>problems and crashes will be much appreciated. Oh yes, the hardware
>will likely be Sun or IBM RS6000.

>Thank you.

>igor

If you emphasis reliability and your hardware could be an IBM RS/6000 then i'm suprised you don't include DB2/6000. It beats at least one of your mentioned options on several aspects......

For a comparison try also http://www.tpc.org .....

Good luck!

Nick van Gerwen
Cap Gemini Nederland Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message