Info on NESTLEVEL to get around mutating triggers

From: Peter Merks <pwmerks_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/03/25

I am working with some trigger code that got around mutating trigger problems by adjusting the NESTLEVEL.

In an update trigger for each row trigger and just prior to issuing an update statement to the SAME table the NESTLEVEL is incremented by one and then after the update is issued the NESTLEVEL is decremented by 1. This code seems to eliminate the ORA-4091 mutating error. I'd like to know more about what is actually happening when the NESTLEVEL is set? If you have any documentation or guidelines on usage with this feature please let me know (pmerks_at_online.mb.ca). Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message