odbc 2.0 problems with c++ 5.0

From: lawrence haynes <medicin1_at_cpva.saic.com>
Date: 1997/03/25

We were using oracles odbc 2.0.3.1.1 driver with microsoft visual c++ v5.0. System is configured with oracle 7.3, sqlnet 3.3.

We created a new project as follows: mfc appwizard(exe), database view with files, the rest were defaults. When I select data source and select the database I am using and enter the password, I get the following error:

ORA-06413 Connection not open. Driver's sqlsetConnectAttr failed.

Accessing the database works with sqlnet 3.3, and via the ODBC in control panel. In fact, it works with visual c++ 4.1.

Any ideas. Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message