How to query Oracle from UNIX (AIX)?

From: Per Gunnare <pg_at_kcs.se>
Date: 1997/01/18

I want to extract data from Oracle Server 7 into textfiles from a UNIX (AIX) machine. What do I need to be able to do this?

I prefer not to spend a lot of money so I would like to have somthing that let me submit an SQL query and get back the result which could be redirected to a text file.

A cheap graphical query tool could be one alternative. Other ones could be Perl, Awk or Python.

 Per Gunnare                                      Email: pg_at_kcs.se
 Manager, Customer Support                        Tel: +81-6-399-7091
 Kockums Computer Systems K.K.                    Fax: +81-6-399-7092
 Sumitomo Seimei Shin-Osaka Kita Bldg. 11F        Web: http://www.kcs.se/
 4-1-14 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku
 Osaka 532, JAPAN