Re: How to query Oracle from UNIX (AIX)?

From: Denis Rondeau <Denis_Rondeau_at_nortel.com>
Date: 1997/01/21

Per Gunnare wrote:

> I want to extract data from Oracle Server 7 into textfiles from
> a UNIX (AIX) machine. What do I need to be able to do this?
>
> I prefer not to spend a lot of money so I would like to have
> somthing that let me submit an SQL query and get back the
> result which could be redirected to a text file.
>
> A cheap graphical query tool could be one alternative. Other ones
> could be Perl, Awk or Python.

If you are at all familiar with the C programming language, try Pro*C. Pro*C gets precompiled, which produces C output. The resulting file then needs to be compiled as usual. I'm not sure as to the cost of this stuff.

You will also need to have SQL*Net installed on the Unix machine.

Denis. Received on Tue Jan 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message