Re: ORACLE doesn't care about small customers!?!

From: Todd Verstraten <tverstrat_at_tier3.com>
Date: 1996/12/09

Oracle has probably the worst customer service out there. Do not attempt to rely on it. With my last contract (fortune 100 company spending > $50 MIL with Oracle) service was almost non existent.

i.e. database goes down _at_ 1:00 wednesday. Oracle is supposed to respond immediately with CAPABLE service personell. It takes until 6:00 a.m. to get someone who knows how to restore fom backup on an AIX box. Of course, shortly after that their shift was up and they had to pass the call over to some one else in a different part of the world to start all over again..........

(The tool is developer2000 by the way).

If you have reason to go with Oracle, get some people who know it and rely on them instead. You will be way ahead.

Arne Rudolph <balu_at_urdolph.du.eunet.de> wrote in article <32a883ad.1766176_at_PersonalNews.Germany.EU.net>...