Re: Setting SQL*Plus Prompt

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/12/09

In article <32A8B729.36A9_at_mentorg.com> David Stark <david_stark_at_mentorg.com> writes:
>I need to set the SQL*Plus prompt to the current SID. Is there an easier
>way other than granting read access to the v$database view?
>
>Thanks in advance

rem /*********************************************************************
rem *
rem *   login.sql - sqlplus start up file
rem *
rem *   next four statements sets the sql prompt = oracle instance.
rem *

column sid new_value osid noprint
select lower (substr (global_name, 1, (instr (global_name, '.') -1))) sid from global_name ;
set sqlprompt '&osid> '

Of course, that is the database name, which is what you wanted, right? Or are you asking an MTS question?

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>