Re: Oracle Personal 7

From: AWILSON <awilson_at_rci.rogers.com>
Date: 1996/12/09

Rajan Rai wrote:

> I am new to Oracle. I want learn Oracle nad was thinking of buying
> Oracle personal 7 to practice on. Is oracle Personal 7 the same as the
> other Oracle databases run on say unix, AS/400. Will I be able to work
> on Oracle databses run the platforms mentioned above.
>
> Any suggestins will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanking all in advance
> Reply to ap651_at_chebucto.ns.ca
> Rajan Rai

Don't forget to have plenty of power handy to run PO7. Bare minimum, I would recommend Pentium P133 + 16megs of Ram. Consider running under Win NT too.

The above reflect my personal views and in no way are connected with whomsoever I may be working for at this particular point in time.
Alan Wilson                              Help fight continental drift.