Re: TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

From: Allan Taunt <tauntaj_at_southern.co.nz>
Date: 1996/11/19

Hi there Hagan,

One thing you may want to try is issuing the command:

        C> lsnrctl start

This will start the TNS listner service. I found the Oracle installation does not configure the service to start automatically. Note there is some help with the command:

        c> lsnrctl help

Good luck,

Allan Taunt.
DBA

Swichtec Power Systems
Christchurch,
New Zealand

Hagen Finley <hagen_at_violet.berkeley.edu> wrote in article <328FEAB7.59DD_at_violet.berkeley.edu>...

----snip