Re: Learn Oracle DBA

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_logica.com>
Date: 1996/11/19

In article <328EADE5.57FD_at_erols.com>,

   "Lee, Yiu Shih" <yiushlee_at_erols.com> wrote:

Personal Oracle should be fine for most things..it is just a version of oracle which is single-user only; you cannot set it up as a server in a client-server configuration; thats the only limitation.

In fact, because its on a PC, you can use it to practice things such as database recovery after data file corruption, which is not easy to do with the database on a shared server!

Miles Thomas
My opinions only!