Novell 3.12/ Oracle unload script?

From: Maureen T. English <snmte_at_orca.alaska.edu>
Date: 1996/11/18

Hi All,

We finally got our Oracle database pretty well set up, SQL*Net is running fine and we are wanting to do a full backup, off-line every Friday. The problem is that when I go to unload Oracle, after shutting down the database, I get error messages telling me I can't unload certain NLMs unless I unload other ones first. I could deal with that, except that there is one NLM that will never let me unload it - it says that it is in use (NTP or NTIT). Here's a copy of my unload script, I'm sure something is out of order, but I'm not sure what. Does anyone have a working version of an unload script that we might use?

#
# .NCF file to unload Oracle71 modules.
#
#
# TCP/IP
#UNLOAD TCPSRV
#UNLOAD SQLTCP
#
# SQLNET V1

UNLOAD SPXSRV
UNLOAD SQLSPX
#
# SQLNET V2

UNLOAD TNSLSNR
#

UNLOAD ORACLE71
UNLOAD ORATK2
UNLOAD ORADRV
UNLOAD CORE3

  • Yes, we are running both SQL*Net v1 and SQL*Net v2....

Thanks for any suggestions.

  • Maureen English University of Alaska snmte_at_orca.alaska.edu