Re: Novell 3.12/ Oracle unload script?

From: Tony Smisovsky <tony.smisovsky_at_swipnet.se>
Date: 1996/11/21

This is a good one,
I think we have problems with the Novell too, simply because when you start a command in Novell, it does not necessarily wait for the action to finish. So when we say SHUTDOWN (in a little more civilised style) followed by UNLOAD, the error message will tell us that it can not UNLOAD. When we than "debug" the script by running it manually, we are not as good typists, so the system will shut down before we say UNLOAD. We actually do not have a solution to this. We were thinking of having a delay in the script, but we did not find a way to implement it. And it still would not be the really good way to do it. The script was written by the Oracle experts who delivered the server with database installed and running, so we did not want to be more clever than them.

So I will wait with you here for someone to help us. Received on Thu Nov 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message