Re: Novell 3.12/ Oracle unload script?

From: Dick Brouwers <dick_at_dds.nl>
Date: 1996/11/23

Tony Smisovsky wrote:

> This is a good one,
> I think we have problems with the Novell too, simply because when you
> start a command in Novell, it does not necessarily wait for the action
> to finish. So when we say SHUTDOWN (in a little more civilised style)
> followed by UNLOAD, the error message will tell us that it can not
> UNLOAD. When we than "debug" the script by running it manually, we are
> not as good typists, so the system will shut down before we say UNLOAD.
> We actually do not have a solution to this. We were thinking of having a
> delay in the script, but we did not find a way to implement it. And it
> still would not be the really good way to do it. The script was written
> by the Oracle experts who delivered the server with database installed
> and running, so we did not want to be more clever than them.
>
> So I will wait with you here for someone to help us.

There is a NLM that is called DELAY.NLM. The only thing it does is delaying your sript. So you write LOAD DELAY 200, and your script will wait for 200 seconds. I don't know how you can get it but I'm sure you can find it easily somewhere on the Internet. Received on Sat Nov 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message